TRANSFORM HOW YOU UNDERSTAND THE OCEAN.
The Liquid Robotics Wave Glider® revolutionizes how we explore and understand the world’s oceans by gathering data in ways or locations previously too costly or challenging to operate. Powered by wave and solar energy, the Wave Glider is an autonomous, unmanned surface vehicle (USV) that can operate individually or in fleets delivering real-time data for up to one year with no fuel. The Wave Glider platform incorporates the latest advancements in energy harvesting and propulsion. It's energy system, software, and platform durability enable partners and customers to customize the ocean robot with sensors and payloads that can meet a wide-range of mission requirements.
Key Platform Benefits
• 7x24 Long-Duration Operations: Station keeping or mobile data collection for up to 12 months with no fuel, emission, or crew
• Proven at Sea: Over 1M nautical miles to date with operations through doldrums and hurricanes/typhoons
• Real-Time Communications Gateway: Linking Sea Floor to Space: Provides immediate situational awareness and accelerated decision making
• Open & Extensible Platform: Accelerate sensors integration, software development, and operations with 3rd party systems
• Precise Operations from Tactical to Fleet Scale: Execute higher value missions with simplified, lower cost operations
• Lower Risks and Cost of Ownership: Do more with less while keeping people out of harm’s way.
Maritime Robotics is the Open Oceans Technology Partner for Liquid Robotics in Scandinavia. In addition to being a reseller of the Wave Glider platform we can offer custom integrated sensor packages for installation on any USV Platform. We can offer tailored integration solutions for low cost near shore operations enabling communication through WIFI, Cellular Networks, our custom Owl VHF, and other broadband solutions. Sensor connection can be provided through Ethernet, RS232/485, CANBUS, Analog ADC (24 bit ADC and a configurable amplifier).
Some example are:
Flight Radar 24 – ADS-B Tracking platform
GLIDER Unmanned Ocean Exploration - SIMRAD WBT Mini Scientific Echosounder with Dual Transducers. SAIV CTD, Aanderaa Conductivity, PCO2 and O2 Optodes.
Acoustic Modems for AUV tracking and Seabed Communications
Solutions & Potential Applications
Anti-Submarine Warfare, Gateway Communications, Surface Vessel Warfare
Oil & Gas, Other Minerals
Hydrocarbon Monitoring, Metocean, Seismic Survey, Gateway Communications
Border Protection, Illegal Fishing, Trafficking & Smuggling, Marine Protected Area
Meteorological & Oceanographic Measurements (METOC), Tsunami & Seismic Monitoring, Fisheries Stock Management
THE GLIDER PROJECT.
The primary objective of the GLIDER project, managed by Akvaplan-niva, is to demonstrate a cost-effective observation program for real-time and long-term integrated environmental monitoring in sensitive areas over a large spatial scale. Included in this the goal of increasing the amount of high quality ocean data and facilitating more flexible sampling methods compared to traditional concepts.
The observation program consists of three emission free, self-propelled platforms, a Seaglider (by Kongsberg), a Sailbuoy (by Offshore Sensing), and a Wave Glider. The Wave Glider is operated by Liquid Robotics Open Oceans Channel Partner in Scandinavia, Maritime Robotics. To read more click here
The Wave Glider Platform Includes.
Float, Umbilical, and Sub (with thruster)
7 Modular Bays (93L) for Sensors/Payloads
Tool Kit for Basic Service Requirements, Launch and Recovery Equipment, Reusable Crates
Compute & Power
Command & Control Unit with 980Wh Battery, Solar Panels
Cell, Satellite, Wi-Fi
AIS, Water Speed Sensor,
Command & Operational SW
Regulus Operating Environment and Wave Glider Management System (WGMS)
Both Liquid Robotics and partners support integration of sensors and payloads. Additional options available
(e.g. battery pack, sensors, towbodies, etc.). Visit our website for a list of full specifications and sensors supported by Liquid Robotics.
AN EXTRA BOOST FROM THE SUN.
1 – 3kts
9 - 6.8kWh
5 – 20W
(surge capability available)
Max Solar Collection
THE WAVE GLIDER ADVANTAGE.
24x7 Long-Duration Operations
Open & Extensible Platform
Add new sensors and software capabilities. Integrate and operate with other systems
No Need for Fuel or a Crew
The Wave Glider converts wave motion into propulsion using a unique two-part architecture that leverages the difference in motion at the ocean surface and below.
Software to Build & Extend Solutions Quickly
Software lies at the heart of Wave Glider and the solutions built upon it. Wave Glider software is built upon open standards to facilitate rapid solution design and integration with 3rd party systems. Key components include: Regulus Operating Environment
The vehicle operating environment, based upon Linux and Java, for on-board command and control of all Wave Glider functions including sensors.
• In-situ data processing enhances payload effectiveness with capabilities like pre-processing and data compression for real-time downloads
• Autonomous navigation and vessel avoidance (based on AIS)
• At-sea mission reconfiguration
Wave Gliders can operate individually or in fleets to create a network effect for data collection and monitoring. Autonomous navigation and real-time communications are key capabilities that allow low cost, dependable operations. Key features include:
• Precise and programmable course navigation
• Station keeping within a 30m radius • Vessel detection and collision avoidance (based on AIS)
• Multi-vehicle fleet operations
• Sea-side control and 3rd party navigation support